Monday, June 14, 2010

Get Rewarded!

From Bumbo seats to Pack and Plays, it seems that you can really fill up your entire house with all of the baby gear you think you need for your little one! I love anything that makes my life as a mom easier but I hate to spend so much money on an item that I'll only use for a short period of time. My Boppy was great for the first 6 months of my baby's life. Now it's tucked away in a nice little box until I have another baby. Don't get me wrong, I love my Boppy but if I had a nickel for every baby gear item that got tucked away after only a few months of use, I'd be loaded!

I recently found out about a second hand store called, "Once Upon A Child." They have a huge selection of gently used kids clothing, toys, furniture and baby gear at up to 70% off retail price. Everything they have is in fabulous condition. They only buy and sell next to new, good quality, and clean items. Everything is checked for safety standards. Once Upon A Child will buy your unwanted baby items from you for cash on the spot. Check out http://www.onceuponachild.com/ for more information and for the location nearest you.

To be completely honest, when I first visited the Hicksville location I was a little sceeved out. How could I give my precious angel used items? Once I realized that I was able to buy a practically brand new walker toy that is originally $40 for $10, and a spotless $23 Sesame Street toy for $4, I got over it real quick! I recently sold them a grocery bag full of onesies, booties, and pajamas that were either brand new or used once. They gave me $7.12 for all of it. Was it a fabulous deal? Not really but for things that I was never going to use anyway, I enjoyed a few days worth of Starbucks, compliments of my sale at Once Upon A Child!