Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Entertain Me, Mommy!

After three months of staying in the house with a newborn, I was ready to get out and start enjoying motherhood with other moms! Due to the fact that my son was still so young, I didn't feel comfortable paying money for a "Mommy and Me" class that he may not enjoy, so I did the next best thing...I started researching free "Mommy and Me" classes. Every Tuesday I plan on highlighting something to do with your new child that will not cost much money.

The first class I found was at my local library. I enrolled in a "Baby and Me" class and it was fabulous! We sang songs to our babies, read stories to our babies and played with toys to make music with our babies. It was thirty-minutes of pure bonding with my baby boy with absolutely no distractions. I signed up immediately for the next class. What I've found since then is that many neighboring libraries allow out-of-district residents to be put on a wait list for baby classes. Between my library and neighboring libraries, we've been busy once a week for the past six months with free classes at local libraries!