Thursday, May 20, 2010

Picture Worthy Events

I must admit that I've always looked forward to becoming a mommy. As a younger woman I remember it being holiday season and seeing all of the Santa Clauses in the mall. I couldn't wait for the day that I could dress up my baby in an adorable outfit and have his or her picture taken with that jolly old man, dressed in red. Little did I know that those measly pictures would cost me 30 bucks! Don't get me wrong, I will always treasure the pictures I have with my baby boy and Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny but it seems like so much pressure to get the perfect shot and when you have a long line of babies in waiting behind you, the pressure is on! This past spring, I found the solution for mommies on Long Island....Hicks Nurseries in Westbury. They have a Santa in December and the Easter Bunny in March. You can take your own pictures with your own camera, at no cost to you. Hicks Nurseries is also a great place to go if you're looking for something to do. They have a very large fish area and a small area for little animals in the back of their outdoor section. It's a great place to go when you have nothing planned for the day!