Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Worth Every Penny

As a brand new mom I think I spent more time in the middle of night checking on my little angel than I did sleeping. I just wanted to make sure that he was still breathing and not sleeping on his stomach. Thankfully those days are over and I'm much more confident in my baby boy's sleeping and breathing patterns. It only took nine months! When I originally registered for the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Mobile, it was because I thought it was cute. Little did I know at six months pregnant what a great investment it would be! Below is a description:
This is a projection mobile with a canopy that brings the light show closer to baby. A delicate canopy hangs overhead of baby with four plush characters attached to it (teal whale, white polar bear, green alligator and yellow lion). Each character represents an environment from around the world. A soft light pattern is projected from the base of the mobile onto the inside of the canopy. When baby grows, the armature can be removed, and the light pattern can project onto the ceiling.
This mobile plays 20 minutes of music, which includes classical lullabies (Bach, Beethoven and Mozart), nature sounds (nature and ocean sounds), and heart beat/white noise womb sounds.
The mobile attaches to the crib with our new, improved mechanism and comes with a remote control.
The remote control feature was what made it worth every penny! In the middle of the night it was so easy for me to click the remote to turn the light show on, lift my head off the pillow, check on the baby, see that he was fine, click the remote again to turn the mobile off and go back to bed. The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Mobile was a product that I could not live without!